Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Family!

Our Aunt Jamima came on Tuesday at 9:26. She weighed 6.2 lbs and was 18 in long. Well, i was scheduled for a Csection that day anyways but at 1:42, Megan our dog licked my face and I realized I had to pee. Well, on the run to the bathroom my water broke. Isn't that crazy that she sensed that? And then came the 45 min drive to Banner Good Sam. Passing all the other hospitals on the way really stunk. Contractions stayed 4 min apart, but at 9 her heart dipped so we were rushed into the OR. Csections are soooo easy. (i understand that i am weird for putting it) but compared to what i felt like before I am up and doing stuff again. They had trouble pulling her out which i still don't get. After all they could have just cut me longer, but they had to use suction to pull her out. Luckily, she just has a bruise on her head and it isn't cone shaped! They ran CT scans and MRI on me and by 2 i had Anika Noel in my room. It made me wish that i would have been able to have this experience with Ty but he stayed in the NICU the whole time. She is Beautiful and smelled so good. IT was relaxing to just sleep and feed her. Then, because nothing in my life will be easy, she lost too mush weight. The docs realized that she wasn't eating to well and that she couldn't suck. ODD. i thought that was innate but apparently when babies get sucktioned they lose this ability. So now my medella pump is my best friend and she has gained all her weight back. She got up twice last night just to eat and then go back to sleep. At 5 , i packed stuarts lunch and then grabbed her for her feeding, stuart came in and said, "take good care of our kids, Love you guys." and while i am not an emotional person this just got to me and stuart. So today, after killing the world getting everything organized yesturday i clame my position snuggled in my bed with a warm cup of apple cider. Mom and Great gram can take care of everything else. I am chillin. Watching the Survivor ending.


more pics to come!

7 comments:

teamBoo said...

Wow, i cant believe you had her the day you were scheduled for! Sounds like you have enough help around the house, any errands you need to get done??Just let me know, i'll be there in a heart beat. Congrats, she's the cutest!

Linsey F said...

Congrats! She is so cute. Glad things went well. Post more pictures!

Jeff and Ang said...

She is so beautiful Mandy! I can't believe she is finally here! Congratulations!!

bematheson said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful....im glad you are both doing well, take it easy for a while and enjoy it.

Jordan said...

Congratulations Mandy! I am so happy for you guys. She is just beautiful!! Can't wait for more pics.

Crazy Babies said...

Mandy!!! your family is so sweet! I cant believe I found you....thinking of all the times we had back then:) love carly

Leah said...

Congratulations! She's a doll.